Last Updated May 31, 2020
We value your privacy.
Your privacy is extremely important to us. We've made this policy as clear as possible so you can understand how we handle data and privacy in general.
Who We Are and How This Applies
This policy is applicable to data and information collected when you use the Routegy websites, including www.routegy.com, all email newsletters provided by Routegy, and all other interactive features and communications provided by Routegy, Inc. (“Sites”), however accessed and/or used by you, that we operate, make available, produce, or maintain (collectively “Routegy” or “we”, “us”, or “our”).
This Policy May Change
Let Us Know Your Questions
What Information about You Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Sites:
- “Personal Information” is any information that can individually identify you and includes your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, credit card information, billing information, and contact information.
- “Non-Personal Information” includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Sites, and use of the Internet.
Here are some common ways in which we may collect your Personal Information:
- Registering for an account on our Sites
- Purchasing on our Sites, including subscriptions to our services
- Submission of a question via the Sites
- Submitting an application to work at Routegy
- Participating in surveys
- Signing up to receive alerts or other information via email, text, or instant message from Routegy
- Requests for customer service, support requests, or other assistance
- Sites related communications, e.g. account verification, technical notification
- Submission of content or other data and information on any part of the Sites that permits it
- Any other place on the Sites where you knowingly volunteer Personal Information
Here are some examples of Non-Personal Information that we may collect and store:
- Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Sites. This information may include browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the Sites.
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring Sites addresses.
- Other information regarding your use of the Sites that is not Personal Information.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. We do not use flash cookies, web storage, web beacons, or other technology that tracks your browsing history across sites or locations not owned or operated by Routegy.
Here are some common ways in which we use tracking technologies:
- To determine the browser you use so the site can be designed to work properly with the most common versions of different browsers
- In conjunction with sending you email newsletters
- In conjunction with analysis of your use of our Sites and generate analytics regarding our Sites
- To estimate our audience size. Your browser is given a unique cookie that helps us determine whether yours is a repeat visit or a first visit
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- To upload your content to our Sites as you request
- To communicate with you about your questions
- To communicate with you about changes to our policies
- To personalize content and experiences on our Sites, including providing you reports, recommendations, and feedback based on your preferences
- To disclose anonymized Personal Information and to disclose statistics and analytics regarding the use of our Sites
- To optimize or improve our products, services, and operations
- To automatically update the Sites on your device
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Sites
Combination of Your Personal Information
We use the information from one portion of the Sites on other portions of the Sites or as part of other interactive features reports and analysis but only in those which are owned and operated by Routegy. We may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Sites into a single customer record or analysis or report.
Who Do We Provide Your Information to?
We have third party agents, service providers and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, push notifications, storage, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to your Personal Information but only to the extent needed to perform their functions and they are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are also contractually restricted from using, selling, distributing, or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Sites.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that we have to in order to (a) comply with applicable law, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Sites, or our users, or (c) protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Sites or the public in an emergency. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
Use of Non-Personal Information
We may disclose or share Non-Personal Information in any other manner that we deem appropriate or necessary, such as to third parties to help us determine how our users use parts of our Site and demographically who our users are so we can improve our Sites. We may also disclose Non-Personal Information to third parties about how our users collectively use our Sites.
What Steps Are Taken to Keep Personal Information Secure?
Personal Information collected by our Sites is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your Personal Information to you.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
Your information collected through the Sites will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries in which Routegy or its service providers maintain facilities. Routegy or its service providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including Personal Information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Routegy, its Affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Happens When I Link to or from Another Site?
Information for Users in Europe and Elsewhere Outside the U.S.
If you use our Sites outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
What Are Your Choices and How Do You Opt-Out?
We believe you should have choices about the collection, use, and sharing of your information. Although you cannot opt-out of all data collection when you visit our Sites, you can limit our collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information.
Collection of Personal Information. For our Sites, all Personal Information is collected only where you have volunteered it. If you do not want Routegy to collect such information, you should not submit it to the Sites.
Emails and Other Communications. If you would like to alter the type of communications you receive from us, including opting out of any promotional communications from us, you may do so at any time by notifying us at email@example.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. You may review and change your information by sending us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to delete your Personal Information without also limiting your user experience. You may be required to provide us with Personal Information to verify your identity prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We will not accommodate a request to change or delete Personal Information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Routegy who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.